Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Nigel Wilson 944 posts 2076 karma points
    Jul 24, 2018 @ 16:32
    Nigel Wilson

User Invite - Link Redirecting To Login Screen

Hi there

I am having some issues with User Invitation Emails. When you click on the link (both the button and copy/paste the full URL) to activate the user invite, you get redirected to the login page. The correct behaviour is a welcome type screen where you are requested to set your password.

The weird thing is the functionality is working as expected on my local dev site, but is not working when we have deployed to a test site.

Site is running V7.11.1

Currently I don't have access to the logs, but am working on getting that sorted.

I have tried incognito windows and different browsers to ensure it wasn't Chrome caching or previous user account logins getting in the way but no joy.

So throwing it out there for ideas / or to hear if anyone experienced this also ?

Thanks

Nigel

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jul 24, 2018 @ 16:58
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Nigel

Have you checked the console in Chrome to see if any errors are thrown? Missing files etc. ?

I'm also wondering how do you deploy from your local environment to the environment where you have the issue?

/Jan

Jul 24, 2018 @ 17:07
    Nigel Wilson

Hi Jan

Thanks for responding.

No there are no errors evident in the Chrome debug window.

The site is based in Australia, and I am the front end / Umbraco developer of the site working remotely from New Zealand. Deployments are managed by a developer in Australia - the site is on AWS and deployments are managed via TeamCity / Octopus (no experience personally with these).

All other aspects of the site have been working fine other than the invites - worst case scenario is that we simply set the password for the user and let them get started - just don't like not knowing the cause of this small issue.

Cheers, Nigel

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jul 24, 2018 @ 20:18
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Nigel

Hmm, yeah can't say I have any experience with AWS and Team City / Octopus - We're using AppVeyor at my current company.

But I'm just wondering if some files are missing somehow but then it should of course be displayed in the console I'd guess. Don't know if it can be a setting that is stripped somewhere somehow if some transformations are applied to .config files during the deployment process.

We'll probably have to wait and see what the log file says :)

/Jan

Jul 24, 2018 @ 20:41
    Nigel Wilson

Hi jan

Yeah - assuming I can get ftp access setup I can then use a file comparison tool to track down any differences.

Ahh the joys of curly little problems :-)

Cheers

Nigel

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft