Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Rick 36 posts 150 karma points
    Jul 25, 2018 @ 16:41
    Rick

Examine and Shared / Linked Content

Hi All,

I've run into an issue with Examine search that I haven't seen before and I'm not sure how to handle it.

In general, the site structure from a Content view is like this...

Home
      -> About
      -> Services
      -> Resources
      -> etc...
    Content Libraries
      -> Training Options
      -> Customer Quotes
      -> External Media
      -> Services
      -> etc...

The purpose of the Content Libraries is to store, in general, content that can be displayed on more than one page. For example, on the Services page there is a field that allows the content manager to select which Training Options (from the Content Library) to display...rinse and repeat for the Resources page.

The issue I'm having is that examine will display results / links to the Content Libraries page (I know I can filter these out, thats not the issue), but pages where the information FROM the content libraries (eg Services and Resources pages from the example above) are NOT included in the search results.

Is there a setting that tells the indexer / searcher to "resolve content links" or something like that? I don't know the right phrase to search on for what is being wired up here which is part of the problem with resolving this issue.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance, Rick

• Dave Woestenborghs 3504 posts 12133 karma points MVP 8x admin c-trib
    Jul 25, 2018 @ 17:44
    Dave Woestenborghs

Hi rick,

You can use the gatheringnodedata event to store that content with the page where it is linked.

If you search this forum or google you will get plenty of results

Dave

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft