Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Kevin 18 posts 108 karma points
    Jul 27, 2018 @ 16:28
    Kevin

Setting up local IIS, 403 - Forbidden, full file permissions already

I'm trying to browse my website from my local IIS server. As of now, when I try to run I get a "403 - Forbidden: Access is denied. " error.

If I run the site with IIS Express on Visual Studio, the site comes up properly.

I don't have a strong grasp of how to set up an IIS since I'm new to web development, so I appreciate any help.

Using:

1. Umbraco 7.10.4
    2. IIS Manager
    3. Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio 17
    4. Microsoft Visual Studio 2017

web.config:

• During fresh installation, I set the database type to SQL (Express) with the database credentials set up as a User

add name="umbracoDbDSN" connectionString="server=[ServerName];database=[DatabaseName];user id=[UserID];password='[Password]'" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient"

IIS Settings:

• Physical path points to the folder where the web.config and the rest off the installed Umbraco folders and files are
    • I've tried connecting as an application user and with my own computer's administrator login
    • Application Pool is .NET 4.0 with Integrated Pipeline
    • Identity - ApplicationPoolIdentity
    • Bindings to the host name and IP address defined in my System32 host file
    • Anonymous Authentication enabled

Permissions:

• The designated folder for the Site has full control to Everyone, SYSTEM, my administrator login, [computer]\Administrators, [computer]\IIS_IUSRS, and IIS AppPool[AppPoolName]
    • These permissions are just so I can try and get it to run locally and then narrowing down the permissions
  • Dan Diplo 1554 posts 6205 karma points MVP 5x c-trib
    Jul 27, 2018 @ 18:03
    Dan Diplo

When I've had similar 403 errors with IIS check it has been down to missing this setting in web.config - check if you have it:

<system.webServer>
        <modules runAllManagedModulesForAllRequests="true"/>
    </system.webServer>

• Kevin 18 posts 108 karma points
    Jul 27, 2018 @ 18:10
    Kevin

Thanks for responding. Unfortunately I've got that line in the config already.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft