Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• g3t 32 posts 144 karma points
    Aug 01, 2018 @ 11:26
    g3t

Icons in backoffice disappeared.

Hi

Any ideas what is happening to my backoffice. Icons seem to have disappeared.

enter image description here

thanks

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Aug 01, 2018 @ 11:32
    Jan Skovgaard

Hello

Do you see any issues in the console log in your browser about this? Some 404 stuff for instance? One issue could have to do with CORS but it can be a few different things so it's really hard to pinpoint it without further information :)

I think this can happen for various reasons since it's a font icon that is used to serve the icons in the backoffice. I don't know much about your setup so it's hard to pinpoint exactly what it can be.

But I know that another Umbracian had the issue the other day, which was caused because of some missing rewrites - But did not get to know the full context there either.

Have you been able to see the icons on this install before? If so...Have you made any changes to your machine? Switched browser or modified your browser installing a 3rd party plugin or something like that? Are you on a VPN currently?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

/Jan

Aug 01, 2018 @ 13:05
    g3t

Hi Jan

Great it works thanks for that.

I changed the Access-Control-Allow-Origin to value of '*' in IIS and its now working. But has this made the site more vulnerable.

cheers

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Aug 01, 2018 @ 13:17
    Jan Skovgaard

I'm wondering if perhaps you could restrict access to certain domains maybe? https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTTP/Headers/Access-Control-Allow-Origin

/Jan

Aug 01, 2018 @ 15:25
    g3t

This seems to have worked fine

Access-Control-Allow-Origin: https://nameofwebsite.com

thanks for help :)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft