Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• ssougnez 93 posts 319 karma points c-trib
    Aug 02, 2018 @ 12:35
    ssougnez

Dictionary value dropdown

Hello,

I have a multilingual site and I need a document type to preset a Dropdown with localized values.

I tried to add a Dropdown control but it's only possible to enter raw value.

Is it natively supported by Umbraco?

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Aug 02, 2018 @ 14:46
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Ssougnez

I don't think such functionality currently exists. However you could perhaps consider using an approach where you have a shared content repository where you add the "dropdown" entries in a folder like "Dropdown Entries" and inside that folder you have "Dropdown". On dropdown you create a textstring using the Vorto package https://our.umbraco.com/projects/backoffice-extensions/vorto/ by Matt Brailsford. This gives you a nice way to add multiple languages for the string value.

Then on your content document type you add a content picker setup to make it possible to select the "Dropdown" values from your "Dropdown Entries" folder.

This approach also makes it possible for the editors to modify the available options if that's a desire they have as opposed to you configuring a datatype with some fixed values. If the editors should never touch these values then it's a matter of restricting their access so they can't edit this area of course.

Does my description make sense? Otherwise please let me know and I'll be happy elaborate a bit on my thoughts :-)

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft