Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Greg Jenson 24 posts 157 karma points
    Aug 03, 2018 @ 00:03
    Greg  Jenson

I know this isn't a the right place for this, but I'm not sure where else to go.

Has anyone had any recent experience with Umbraco.TV support? I try to submit a ticket, but get a 'Missing Reel - Sorry for the inconvenience - Theater Management' page. Is this their 404? I'm getting no responses and don't know where to go from here.

• Nigel Wilson 944 posts 2076 karma points
    Aug 03, 2018 @ 01:31
    Nigel Wilson

Hi there

Sorry if this offends someone, but personally I don't feel comfortable with that site - whilst it has an Umbraco domain name, is it endorsed by HQ ?

I'd be dropping a note to HQ and querying that aspect first...

Again, if this site is genuine then I apologise if my comment offends.

Nigel

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Aug 03, 2018 @ 03:21
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi folks!

@Nigel: Umbraco.tv is managed by Umbraco HQ so nothing weird about that - it's totally legit :)

@Greg: Is it when you try to submit a form here https://umbraco.tv/support/ that you get this message? If so it might be worth to try and reach them using https://umbraco.com/contact-us/ instead.

I hope this helps!

/Jan

• Nigel Wilson 944 posts 2076 karma points
    Aug 03, 2018 @ 03:34
    Nigel Wilson

Hi Jan

Sorry about that... getting a bit paranoid in my old age...

But on the flip side, I love Umbraco so much, I almost want to protect it as much as my children... grease grease :-)

Cheers

Nigel

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Aug 03, 2018 @ 05:17
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Nigel

I know that feeling of being paranoid on behalf of Umbraco - I get that too sometimes when I see something that does not look like it's HQ approved. It just means you care :)

Have an awesome day!

/Jan

Aug 03, 2018 @ 14:40
    Greg  Jenson

@Jan: Thanks for the suggestion. I submitted a ticket through umbraco.com/contact-us, and I've already received the auto-message saying they've received my ticket - that's at least a start. To answer your question, yes - umbraco.tv/support is what triggers the 404-ish message. I'll follow up and mark as Solution as soon as I hear back from support.

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5045 posts 15477 karma points MVP admin hq
    Aug 03, 2018 @ 07:06
    Sebastiaan Janssen

@Nigel, luckily all the videos in the Developer section of Umbraco link to Umbraco TV so you can be quite sure that it's made by us! ;-)

That said, we're working on a refresh and we do definitely need to work on the branding a bit!

As for the support form, it looks like the Zendesk integration is currently broken :-( We'll fix it ASAP! And as Jan says, https://umbraco.com/contact-us/ is the place to go for now.

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5045 posts 15477 karma points MVP admin hq
    Aug 03, 2018 @ 11:23
    Sebastiaan Janssen

Thanks again for reporting the problem! This should now be fixed and we won't give you that unusable error any more if something does accidentally fail in the future, you get the text you were trying to send us so you can copy/paste it into an email. Much more Friendly right!

enter image description here

Aug 03, 2018 @ 15:05
    Greg  Jenson

Much better, and thanks for getting that fixed. Would you suggest I re-submit through umbraco.tv/support, or just let it ride through the ticket I've already submitted through umbraco.com/contact-us? Looking for the quickest response, but don't want to duplicate work anywhere.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft