Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Sean Håkansson 66 posts 192 karma points
    Aug 03, 2018 @ 14:47
    Sean HÃ¥kansson

Imageprocessor & Instagram images working example?

Hi, I'm trying to resize instagram with imageprocessor, but keep on getting 403 forbidden.

I added correct whitelisting to CDN, and used standard chrome user agent string in useragent settings.

Anyone have successfully used imageprocessor on instagram cdn images?

• Nigel Wilson 944 posts 2076 karma points
    Aug 05, 2018 @ 19:45
    Nigel Wilson

Hi Sean

I just recently tried to implement an Instagram feed on my partners site.

From my quick research I came to the conclusion that there are only 2 ways:

1. Have a feed embedded but the user is prompted to login to Instagram when using your site, so felt this wasn't an ideal scenario.

2. You could use a third party authorised "app" for instagram (e.g. Pixlee) but that then requires you to sign up to that provider in order to use their service.

So, I do not believe you can have a seamless feed similar to the likes of Twitter, but would be extremely happy to be proven wrong as I would earn some brownie points at home... :-)

Cheers, Nigel

• Sean Håkansson 66 posts 192 karma points
    Aug 06, 2018 @ 14:32
    Sean HÃ¥kansson

Thanks for reply, we are using curator.io. Sometimes it uses its own CDN to serve us the instagram images, but sometimes it gives us the raw instagram CDN image.

Do you get instagram pixlee images from their servers/CDN?

There's no problem fetching image curators CDN images, however I get 400 forbidden error when trying to do the same on instagram. I've asked them when they do this (when curators decides to host it themselves) and if it's something we can change in options (always serve images from curator.io)

I'm guessing that facebook/instagram blocks certain image requests, thats why I changed the user agent - but that didn't help.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft