Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• David Amri 214 posts 740 karma points
    Aug 07, 2018 @ 08:48
    David Amri

Examine index user fields with wildcard names?

Hi,

Is it possible to add index user fields with wildcard names? Like this:

<add Name="*Search" EnableSorting="true" />

With this added would all properties with the alias ending with "Search" get indexed, or is this far fetched? :)

Best regards David

• Paul Tilsed 26 posts 179 karma points c-trib
    Aug 08, 2018 @ 15:55
    Paul Tilsed

Hi,

I think the index fields in the config ultimately get used in the UmbracoContentIndexer where they are used to get the property values out of the fields. This requires the field name to match a given property alias exactly, similar to how you use GetPropertyValue and have to pass in the correct alias.

I guess if you really wanted to perform wildcard matching you could write your own content indexer to achieve this. You would then have to swap this out in the Examine Settings. This might be a bit of an extreme solution however.

Cheers,

Paul

• David Amri 214 posts 740 karma points
    Aug 09, 2018 @ 11:30
    David Amri

Thanks Paul.

Agree, that sounds a bit extreme. Right now I have a couple of general search aliases declared in the index. Upon creating the properties one can ad these general aliases and they will be searchable without going into the index config and add the alias. I was just curious if these could be replaced so that all aliases ending with "Search" would be indexed right away.

Anyway, thank you for your time! David

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft