Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• David Amri 214 posts 740 karma points
    Aug 08, 2018 @ 11:39
    David Amri

Umbraco.sdf file sharing violation

Hi,

Quite often I get a file sharing violation on the Umbraco.sdf while running Umbraco on localhost. Is there anything I can do to prevent this from happening, at least reduce the number of times this happens. :)

There is a file sharing violation. A different process might be using the file. [ C:\Users\user\Documents\Project\App_Data\Umbraco.sdf ]

Best regards David

• bh 408 posts 1395 karma points
    Dec 11, 2020 @ 16:43
    bh

I had this same problem. My solution was to open server explorer in Visual Studio. I hit refresh on the connection to the Umbraco.sdf and that resolved it for me. I saw this question a couple of times in the forum with no answer. I hope this helps someone out there.

• David Amri 214 posts 740 karma points
    Dec 14, 2020 @ 07:33
    David Amri

Hm, I was looking at my connections in Server Explorer and actually didn't find a connection to the .sdf file. How did you add the .sdf file to a connection, what is your setup?

I'm using Courier in order to push content from my local development to the actual sever.

Cheers

• bh 408 posts 1395 karma points
    Dec 14, 2020 @ 14:51
    bh

In server explorer click "Connect to Database" and complete the wizard.

As far as my "setup". I'm developing in VisualStudio on my local machine. Then I use VisualStudio to publish to "Folder" that's my Azure server that I have a mapped drive to.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft