Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Wietze Strik 27 posts 131 karma points
    Aug 09, 2018 @ 08:53
    Wietze Strik

RTE duplicating line breaks after save

I have several client reporting this issue now. I myself had it once or twice. But I couldn't find why.

Sometimes when I'm working in the RTE, save the document and open it later all line breaks are doubled. If you do nothing but just save the document and reopen, they're doubled again. If you remove the lines, save and reopen it the problem still exists.

I got to working around it by rolling back to the state before and then save the document again. I can edit, save and reopen and there's no problem.

Has anybody encountered this before? Couldn't find anything about it on Google or the forum. I'll keep investigating it and add to the post when I find anything.

Hope somebody can help.

/Wietze

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Aug 09, 2018 @ 08:58
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Wietze

That's a weird issue indeed - What exact version of Umbraco are you experiencing this on? And is it a relatively new site or has it been live for a period of time?

/Jan

Aug 09, 2018 @ 09:15
    Wietze Strik

Thx Jan for your response. Indeed it is weird!

I encountered it for the first time a few years ago in Umbraco 4. I then thought it was a one time thing.

Then last year a client had it again, in a early version of Umbraco 7.

Now a client with a huge site (about 15000 nodes) has had it several times. The version this site is running on is 7.8.1. and has been running for about half a year. I migrated it last year and then upgraded Umbraco before we wend live.

/Wietze

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Aug 09, 2018 @ 19:17
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Wietze

Hmm ok I suppose these are 3 independent clients and not the same client that has been upgraded from v4 to 7.8.1 right?

Have you tried to have a look at the issue tracker to see if you can find any issues reported by others about this behavior? Be aware that currently the issue tracker can act up and timeout and be a bit slow - Hopefully it will soonish be moved to Github. Not a small task though so it will probably take some time but work is in progress about it.

Alaso...I'm wondering if perhaps this can be caused by how the RTE is used? Do you have added some extra features somehow? Or could it be some styling options from the format dropdown that is interfering something?

/Jan

Aug 10, 2018 @ 13:20
    Wietze Strik

Hi Jan,

You're right, these are 3 separate client in separate instances.

I'll take a look at the issue tracker and also keep this topic posted on progress.

I didn't do anything to the RTE but will look into the styles.

/Wietze

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft