Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Tom 161 posts 322 karma points
    Aug 16, 2018 @ 17:15
    Tom

Umbraco Hide Info Tab v7.11.1

I am on Umbraco 7.11.1 and I would like to hide the Info tab. Does anyone know how to do this?

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Aug 17, 2018 @ 05:53
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Tom

Have a look at this package https://our.umbraco.com/projects/collaboration/backoffice-tweaking/

You could give it a try on 7.11.1 and see if the package works for you

Hope this helps,

/Dennis

Aug 17, 2018 @ 10:28
    Tom

Dennis:

Thanks for replying.

But if I hide the new "info" tab, I won't be able to set the publish/unpublish dates, which we need.

In the backoffice code, I see where there is a ContentService_Saving().

In v7.5.9 we added a new tab called "overrides" and placed this below code in there. In v7.11.1 propery "publishAt" and "unPublishAt" no longer exist.

Can you tell what the new property names are?

Private void ContentService_Saving(IContentService sender, SaveEventArgs

if (y.Properties["UnpublishAt"].Value == null) { y.ExpireDate = null; } else { y.ExpireDate = Convert.ToDateTime(y.Properties["UnpublishAt"].Value.ToString()); }

y.ChangePublishedState(PublishedState.Saved); } }

All the best, Morten

Helpdesk 15 hours ago I would like to reference the "publish" and "unPublish" data on the info tab.

Can you tell me what the property names are please?

Thanks

Tom

Add to conversation Requester Helpdesk Created Yesterday at 12:28 Last activity Yesterday at 14:54 Id #37005

Aug 17, 2018 @ 10:44
    Tom

Dennis:

Is the new "info" suppose to appear for editors/approvers?

As in my case, it does and when I log in as Umbraco Editor, set the uppublish date to 10 minutes in future and click the button "save and schedule" followed by clicking the button "save and submit for approval". Then go through our workflow process to publish the page.
    I then wait 10 minutes, clear my browser cache, refresh the page, and the page never goes off the site. Its still there.

I'm confused.

Tom

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft