Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Nitin Rajwar 25 posts 165 karma points
    Aug 17, 2018 @ 17:17
    Nitin Rajwar

Folks,

Using app service + azure db.

My admin user can't login after I publish my code from visual studio. When I first installed the cms and gave admin user details, I point it to the same azure db. My umbraco web.config file points to the same azure db. Not sure what's going on. Has anyone come across this?

Thanks! NR

• Greg Hluska 25 posts 133 karma points
    Aug 19, 2018 @ 04:55
    Greg Hluska

I want to make sure that I understand this...

You have the project running on your development machine. When you run it, you can log in with your admin user. However, when you deploy it to Azure, you can't log in with your admin user. Is that correct?

I get a little confused when you say that when you first installed the cms and gave the admin user details, you point it to the same Azure db. Do you mean that you point both your local version and the Azure version to the same database??

Aug 20, 2018 @ 08:51
    Nitin Rajwar

Hi Greg,

Thanks for replying.

This doesn't have anything to do with local environment.

So, here are the steps I take: 1. Create app service and install cms pointing to azure db - Admin user login works. 2. publish code from visual studio with connection string pointing to same db - Admin user login stops working

Does that makes sense?

Thanks, Nitin

Aug 23, 2018 @ 09:17
    Nitin Rajwar

Turned out to be a machine key issue. the admin user password was encrypted using the default machine key provided in the Umbraco package web.config. After we deployed with an updated machine key, it tried to decrypt it with the updated one, which won't work.

Solution is to deploy the initial umbraco package with the updated machine key.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft