Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Paul 1 post 71 karma points
    Aug 18, 2018 @ 10:30
    Paul

umbraco starter installation - populating meta description

Noob so go easy on me.

I've installed umbraco with the starter kit and started to hack it a little to build a web site. I've got to grips with the basics, data types, templates, pages etc.

I can see that the 'content page' type has a navigation and SEO tab which lets me add a description.

However, when I view the pages, I don't see these. The master template shows these as blank, and I assumed they'd get filled dynamically. But they don't appear to.

Also, the home data type doesn't seem to have a navigation and SEO tab, so it's not really clear on the starter kit how to populate the fields there. I was thinking maybe my master template could hard code the description, and then this would be overwritten on pages where I've set another value in the navigation and SEO tab. But I don't get meta descriptions anywhere.

I understand this is a starter kit and that it's something that can be added myself (I've already created a new data type for my own contact page with an extra property to hold a map iframe, so I figure I can do something similar). But I just felt I must be missing something or that there is a switch somewhere to turn this on, since it seems strange to add the navigation and SEO tabs into the data types and have those fields all show in the back end, but not implement any of it on the front end.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft