Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Alexander Carpenter 19 posts 141 karma points
    Aug 20, 2018 @ 02:46
    Alexander Carpenter

Web Deploy / External Hosting Setup

I have set up a server and database with umbraco on a2hosting. I am using web deploy (I also tried ftp and it did the same thing) to publish to the host and it is only transferring the partial views, stylesheets, and scripts. Everything else, which has values locally, is completely blank. Is this normal? How am I supposed to do this? I can't find any legitimate tutorials on how to do any of this. Just documentation that answers nothing and the umbraco tv that only addresses local and cloud.

• Ismael 71 posts 354 karma points
    Aug 20, 2018 @ 03:44
    Ismael

Hi,

Are all the files included in the project? I believe with web deploy they need to be.

Cheers Ismael.

• Alexander Carpenter 19 posts 141 karma points
    Aug 20, 2018 @ 04:12
    Alexander Carpenter

I did that. And now nothing works at all. First I had 290 errors for duplicate content, so I deleted the file (models.generated.cs), which broke everything, so I restored it. So now I can't publish anything.

There has to be an easier way to do this. How are there no tutorials if it is this frustrating and everyone goes through the same process? What am I missing here?

• John Palmer 76 posts 201 karma points
    Aug 30, 2018 @ 05:13
    John Palmer

Hi Alexander,

It will better to ask them to setup it for you. This is weird if you only see blank page.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft