Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Nadine Fisch 159 posts 429 karma points
    Aug 20, 2018 @ 09:17
    Nadine Fisch

Export Document Type for unknown umbraco system

Hi,

I created some DocumentTypes and a Macro Partial for a specific feature in my Umbraco System. Our client wants to create the same feature on their system, so I have to export my modul.

Besides the file-system, they need a specifciation of the CMS-adjustments for this module. It would be easier for both parties, If I could send them a file with the important database changes. Basically, I would like to export the document types with all subordinated document types and generic property types.

How can I achieve this via Umbraco? I am not able to write a database script, because I don't know the umbraco database actions behind. A step-by-step tutorial needs a lot of time (writing and understanding for the customer).It would be very error-prone.

Do you have any advice? Thank you in advance, Nadine

• Allan 42 posts 192 karma points
    Aug 20, 2018 @ 09:40
    Allan

I think you need to create a package. Just like the 'basic website' package that you can install on a fresh umbraco installation. You should be able to include doctypes, macros, etc.

I haven't made one in a while so I can't give you a complete solution, but I think this would be a step in the right direction....

• Nadine Fisch 159 posts 429 karma points
    Aug 21, 2018 @ 11:36
    Nadine Fisch

Thank you so much, this was a great advice and I find it very useful :)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft