Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Daniel Conner 19 posts 131 karma points
    Aug 20, 2018 @ 10:54
    Daniel Conner

Hi Everyone,

I'm fairly new to using umbraco and I've developed a site, but I want to make a copy of exactly the same site so I can translate it and add have it pointing at a different web address.

Anybody know of an easy way of doing this or any documentation I can read on how to do this?

Thank you for any advice.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Aug 20, 2018 @ 11:01
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Daniel and welcome to Umbraco and Our :)

You should be able to right click on your "Home" node or what you have called the root node in your content section where you have created the other pages beneath and then you should be able to select the "Copy" option and make sure to tick the checkbox that says "Copy children".

Then you should select the "Root" where you want to copy the site to. In this case you need to select the "Content" root where your current "Home" node exists so the two sites will live side-by-side.

Then you can add another hostname for your now copied site and you can translate the content and delete pages that might not make sense on your new language.

Does this make sense? :)

/Jan

• Daniel Conner 19 posts 131 karma points
    Aug 20, 2018 @ 14:50
    Daniel Conner

Thanks Jan that does make perfect sense.

Thank you so much for your help.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Aug 20, 2018 @ 14:58
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Daniel

You're very welcome - I hope you enjoy your Umbraco journey so far and don't hesitate to ask further questions if you get stuck on something. We're a friendly bunch willing to help each other out no matter the scale of the problem :-)

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft