Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Owain Williams 480 posts 1412 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Aug 20, 2018 @ 12:31
    Owain Williams

Hi everyone, If you haven't been on twitter or slack recently then you may have missed the launch of my new project - Umbraco Community Corner.

Each week, I hope to introduce a new member to the Umbraco community. These individuals have been using Umbraco for a short period of time (around a year) but would like to be active members in the Umbraco Community.

If you'd like to be a guest, please get in touch with me.

You can read about Jesper and Imdad and all future guests via : https://www.owain.codes/blog/categories/community-corner/

Owain.

Aug 27, 2018 @ 11:50
    Owain Williams

The latest member of the Community Corner is Jamie - you can read all about him here: https://www.owain.codes/blog/posts/2018/august/jamie-townsend/ :)

O.

• Greg Hluska 25 posts 133 karma points
    Aug 27, 2018 @ 14:43
    Greg Hluska

Those are some seriously good articles! Congratulations.

Sep 04, 2018 @ 07:48
    Owain Williams

Yesterday's new member to the Community Corner is online: https://www.owain.codes/blog/posts/2018/september/tiffany-prosser/

Welcome Tiffany!

O.

Sep 28, 2018 @ 08:33
    Owain Williams

Hi everyone

I'm looking for new people to join the Community Corner. If you're new the the Umbraco Community, I want to hear from you. You might have been using Umbraco for years but now want to join the craziness that is the Community then please get in touch.

Whether you are a developer, editor, project manager, I don't mind.

To see previous entries to the Community Corner, visit www.owain.codes :)

Thanks,

O.

• Nik 1593 posts 7151 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Sep 28, 2018 @ 08:39
    Nik

Are you taking nominations?

Sep 28, 2018 @ 08:41
    Owain Williams

Yip! Nominations also welcome. Either DM me on Twitter (@scottishcoder) or leave a nomination here.

Cheers, O.

Sep 28, 2018 @ 08:49
    Nik

2 nominations:

@reddesigns - Erica, @katiearchibald - Katie

Oct 16, 2018 @ 20:47
    Owain Williams

Hi everyone,

Tomorrow's latest member is all loaded in to the blog and will be published around 12:30 tomorrow, how exciting :)

I've got a couple other members in the pipeline but I'd like to ask them new questions, questions that you as members of this fantastic community would like answered. Please put your thinking hats on and reply here with your questions, I'll then send the new questions over to the new members :)

Thanks!

O.

• Jon R. Humphrey 164 posts 455 karma points c-trib
    Oct 16, 2018 @ 22:03
    Jon R. Humphrey

Great work, as usual, Owain!

Here's a couple of queries to pose:

1. Biggest coding pet peeve ~ yes, I'm opening the Tabs v Spaces can o' worms again! Could be also favourite IDE theme or the like?
    2. Coding tips & tricks ~ what makes you smile and think "I can do that better this way!"
    3. What is the dirtiest trick you use to make your code work ~ yes, think [shudder] tabular layouts or something along the lines of the Quick and Dirty Eval for C#

{ var csc = new CSharpCodeProvider(new Dictionary<string, string>() { { "CompilerVersion", "v3.5" } }); var p = new CompilerParameters(new[] { "mscorlib.dll", "System.Core.dll" }, null, true); p.GenerateInMemory = true; p.GenerateExecutable = false; CompilerResults r = csc.CompileAssemblyFromSource(p, "using System; class p {public static object c(){"+__code+"}}"); if (r.Errors.Count > 0) { r.Errors.Cast<CompilerError>().ToList().ForEach(error => Console.WriteLine(error.ErrorText)); return null; } System.Reflection.Assembly a = r.CompiledAssembly; MethodInfo o = a.CreateInstance("p").GetType().GetMethod("c"); return o.Invoke(o, null); }

Btw, I swear I've never used that! :-D

Oct 17, 2018 @ 06:39
    Owain Williams

Thanks Jon - I'll keep those in the bag for developers. Over the coming weeks / months I'm also looking to welcome in non-developers so any project / editor / account management questions, they would be great too.

O.

Oct 17, 2018 @ 09:04
    Nik

Favourite website?

"Confession"? For example, confess your worst design (if it's a designer)

"Own it"? What's the best project you ever got to work on?

Guilty pleasure? (Food? Tech? Music?)

Name one person who inspires you?

Oct 30, 2018 @ 12:23
    Owain Williams

Tomorrow is hopefully going to be the next release of the Community Corner but I am always looking to welcome new people to the Umbraco Community. Whether you are a developer, project manager or user. I want to hear from you.

I'm also going to be at Umbraco UK Fest next week and would love to meet new people in the community, as well as they usual suspects :)

Get in touch and we can maybe have a beer together!

O.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft