Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Peter Kindberg 17 posts 107 karma points
    Aug 21, 2018 @ 12:34
    Peter Kindberg

Checkbox true/false automatically gets unchecked

HI guys, My client is using Umbraco 7.5.3.

Our main document type has a few True/False checkboxes in order to indicate whether the pages should: - have a live support - be visible in the main menu - display a call to action - show customer service contact card in the footer

The document type inherits from "Top Banner", where "display a call to action" is found, but the other three are specific for the document type in question.

For some very strange and unknown reason, apparently at complete random, when using "Save & Publish" the value in the checkbox can be published in an unchecked state, despite being checked at the time of publishing. This has lead to that both our Support as well as our Buy page has disappeared from the top menu, today the customer service complained that our Support page did not have a live-chat and as I added the live-chat, the whole page disappeared from the main menu. While re-adding it again was rather easy, these issues can go unseen for an extended period of time.

I have absolutely no idea what could cause this or how to reproduce it. It's all inside Umbraco though, and no code on our side uses the API to set anything.

Any insight in how to resolve this issue would be greatly appreciated.

/Peter

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Aug 21, 2018 @ 15:04
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Peter and welcome to our :)

I just tried looking through the issues fixed in the patch version of 7.5 from 7.5.4 to 7.5.8 hoping that this might be a bug that was fixed in one of those versions since the solution would then have been straight forward - Namely asking you to upgrade to version 7.5.x - But I have not been able to find anything reported about this behaviour. You can find the previous releases here and have a look just in case I'm blind :) https://our.umbraco.com/download/releases/ - Click on each version to see the list of fixed issues for each version.

So now I'm wondering how many editors have access to the backoffice? And have you tried having a look at the audit trail for those pages where this change seems to have happened overnight without anyone else touching the nodes in the backoffice?

Do you use any kind of 3rd party packages on the site, which may cause this for some obscure reason? (I'm not saying that any package is - Just trying to keep an open mind).

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft