Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Roger Jarl 22 posts 115 karma points
    Aug 22, 2018 @ 06:14
    Roger Jarl

Data Integrity Health Check errors

After upgrading to Umbraco 7.12.1, i tried the Database Integrity Health Check. The Database Schema Validation reported two problems with my database schema. From the log file:

2018-08-22 07:21:18,575 [P7584/D5/T70] WARN  Umbraco.Web.HealthCheck.Checks.DataIntegrity.DatabaseSchemaValidationHealthCheck - Some errors were detected while validating the database schema against the current version of Umbraco.

2018-08-22 07:21:18,576 [P7584/D5/T70] WARN  Umbraco.Web.HealthCheck.Checks.DataIntegrity.DatabaseSchemaValidationHealthCheck - Constraint: FK_umbracoRedirectUrl

2018-08-22 07:21:18,576 [P7584/D5/T70] WARN  Umbraco.Web.HealthCheck.Checks.DataIntegrity.DatabaseSchemaValidationHealthCheck - Constraint: FK_umbracoRedirectUrl_umbracoNode_uniqueID

How can I fix these errors?

• Roger Jarl 22 posts 115 karma points
    Aug 22, 2018 @ 09:13
    Roger Jarl

I found a solution. I compared my database with a database from a clean install and made these changes:

- changed length of nvarchar for column url from 2048 to 255 in table UmbracoRedirectUrl.
     - changed name of key FK_umbracoRedirectUrl to FK_umbracoRedirectUrl_umbracoNode_uniqueID.
     - restarted application pool.

Now there are no errors in the CMS when I run the test, but I still get this error in the log:

2018-08-22 11:24:58,273 [P8876/D2/T35] WARN  Umbraco.Web.HealthCheck.Checks.DataIntegrity.DatabaseSchemaValidationHealthCheck - Some errors were detected while validating the database schema against the current version of Umbraco.

• MickTemp 27 posts 109 karma points
    Oct 15, 2018 @ 01:37
    MickTemp

Hi Roger,

Thanks for doing the hard work here, had this same issue crop up when upgrading from 7.5.13 to 7.6.3 then 7.12.3.

Changing FK_umbracoRedirectUrl to FK_umbracoRedirectUrl_umbracoNode_uniqueID was enough to make the health check happy but I also get the "Some errors were detected" message in the log file with no further details.

To anyone in the know -- what’s even the deal here. Was the upgrader supposed to apply these changes and failed? Or is there supposed to be some guide to fix it ourselves? Or is trawling through a new Umbraco database the only way here?

A message that literally says "Constraint: FKumbracoRedirectUrlumbracoNode_uniqueID" isn't exactly the most forthcoming of what we're supposed to do.

I'm sure it was a lot of work and I don't mean to disparage whoever worked on the thing but how useful is this supposed to be in its current form? Just seems to add unnecessary confusion to the upgrade process to be honest.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft