Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Dmitriy 168 posts 588 karma points
    Aug 22, 2018 @ 10:18
    Dmitriy

Target framework for Umbraco 7.12.x

Hello, Umbracians.

Which tagret framework is right to Umbraco 7.12.x ?

By the way, is it important to built an solution? What developer need to know when he chose tagret framework?

• Kevin Jump 2310 posts 14695 karma points MVP 7x c-trib
    Aug 22, 2018 @ 19:52
    Kevin Jump

Hi Dmitry,

Umbraco 7 will work with .net 4.5 upwards so you could start with .net 4.5.0 !

but i would look at least 4.5.2 as this is the service pack, has any fixes to the base .net 4.5 release.

Personally i go for 4.6.2 - mainly because that has a couple of extra capabilities and often other packages you might add to your site might require 4.6+

There is no reason why you can't target the very latest version of .net (4.7.2 at this time of writing)

there are code and performance improvements in each release (although i think you get some of the performance ones, even if you use the lower framework and then run it on a server with the higher one installed) so 'newer is always better' might be your viewpoint.

The biggest thing to check before you pick is what is the target server running, i have been stung once or twice developing a site only to discover the clients servers didn't have anything past .net 4.5 installed.

• Dmitriy 168 posts 588 karma points
    Aug 23, 2018 @ 07:15
    Dmitriy

Thanks, Kevin for great answer :) Pretty clear =)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft