Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Daniel Conner 19 posts 131 karma points
    Aug 22, 2018 @ 11:38
    Daniel Conner

Has anyone every tried to empty their content recycling bin and been told their server transaction logs are full.

I'm a new junior dev and just wondering if anyone has seen this before and how they got round it?

appreciate any suggestions.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Aug 22, 2018 @ 11:55
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Daniel

I have seen it before but it's been a while - What exact version of Umbraco are you using? And how old is the site? And is it big? You might need to truncate the Log table in the databse to fix this.

What databse are you using? MSSQL or MSSQL Express or?

/Jan

Aug 22, 2018 @ 13:30
    Daniel Conner

Hi Jan,

My umbraco version is;

Umbraco version 7.10.4 assembly: 1.0.6684.15725

and I've inherited quite a large website and The server has IIS and SQL Server 2012 express.

Been trying to get my head round the back end the last few days but I cant seem to get past this issue.

• Dave Woestenborghs 3504 posts 12133 karma points MVP 8x admin c-trib
    Aug 22, 2018 @ 12:54
    Dave Woestenborghs

hi Daniel,

If your transaction logs are full this probably something on the database server.

You probably ran out of disk space or your transaction log is limited to certain file size and that is reached.

This can probably help you out : https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/relational-databases/logs/troubleshoot-a-full-transaction-log-sql-server-error-9002?view=sql-server-2017

Dave

Aug 22, 2018 @ 13:43
    Daniel Conner

HI Dave,

Thanks for this, going to try and do some investigating in our companies server files and see whats happening. Fairly new to Umbraco and been thrust into taking over an existing website so it's a little bit trail by fire.

Thanks again.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft