Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• MB 113 posts 422 karma points
    Aug 24, 2018 @ 09:09
    MB

I noticed that Umbraco Cloud creates 2 projects in the site's solution

1. MySite.Web
    2. MySite.Core

I'm not sure I understand the purpose/need of the .Core project, but is this also recommended for self-hosted sites?

The reason for asking is that we are unsure if we will be using Umbraco Cloud and developing locally to start, and I don't want to find we've developed something incompatible with Umbraco Cloud if we need to use it.

• Marc Love (uSkinned.net) 430 posts 1668 karma points
    Aug 24, 2018 @ 13:00
    Marc Love (uSkinned.net)

I take it you have used the Uaas.cmd tool to setup your visual studio project. This creates your Umbraco website 'MySite.Web' and a 'MySite.Core' class library to manage your own custom code, Models, Controllers, Helpers etc.

It is not needed if you do not work this way. You can still add uncompiled classes to the ~/App_Code/ folder of your website.

• MB 113 posts 422 karma points
    Aug 24, 2018 @ 14:13
    MB

Yes, I used the Uaas.cmd tool to see how the cloud project was created, but now that I'm creating a new site locally, I created a VS solution with an empty web application and installed the UmbracoCms package, which creates the empty Umbraco site, but not the .core class library project, and I can't seem to work out the right project to add to get the same config as the cloud .core project.

I'm just starting with Umbraco but used class libraries for private code with other CMS platforms (albeit webforms) and I want to make sure I do it right.

Aug 24, 2018 @ 14:28
    Marc Love (uSkinned.net)

If your using Umbraco Cloud you need to setup your website as a website and not a web application. I would use the Uaas.cmd tool again to setup your project. You can always delete the .Core project if you dont need it.

Aug 24, 2018 @ 14:28
  • Gaz Blain 3 posts 74 karma points
    Oct 25, 2018 @ 13:19
Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft