Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Gregory 38 posts 128 karma points
    Aug 30, 2018 @ 15:19
    Gregory

Pushing content clears out any value in Umbraco.DropDown.Flexible

I have doc type set up and within those I make use of the dropdown fields (Umbraco.DropDown.Flexible)

Every time I push content from one environment to another, the dropdown is being reset the default value (blank).

As far as I can see, everything else is pushed with no issue what so ever.

Is there any reason for this?

• Nik 1591 posts 7148 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Aug 30, 2018 @ 15:35
    Nik

Hey Gregory,

Just to clarify, how are you pushing content? Are you using Umbraco Cloud with multiple environments? Are you using Courier? uSync Content edition? Or some other method?

Cheers,

Nik

Aug 30, 2018 @ 15:59
    Gregory

Sorry, I should provided more context.

We are using Umbraco Cloud where we queue content to be sent to the next environment (we use local > dev > staging > live).

No matter the environment, any data in drop down fields is lost from one environment to another.

• Nik 1591 posts 7148 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Aug 30, 2018 @ 16:05
    Nik

That doesn't sound good, have you tried speaking to the Umbraco Support team about it? (Accessed from your cloud portal in the bottom right of the screen).

Deployments on cloud use Deploy so it sounds to me like a bug in Deploy causing your issue (at least that is my gut feel).

Something I've been told though, when I was having content issues, is that content shouldn't really be uploaded from your local environment unless you know all environments are in sync from a schema deployment point of view as it can result in all sorts of issues.

Cheers

Nik

• Lee Kelleher 4020 posts 15802 karma points MVP 13x admin c-trib
    Aug 30, 2018 @ 17:22
    Aug 31, 2018 @ 08:06
    Gregory

Thanks,

Gonna try that workaround, seems like it could work.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft