Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Martin Griffiths 826 posts 1269 karma points c-trib
    Sep 05, 2018 @ 14:50
    Martin Griffiths

upgrading nuget libraries

Since working with Umbraco 7.x I've noticed a LOT of libraries remain in limbo stuck at whatever version was set at the time Umbraco was built.

I understand there are a few libraries which have very specific version requirements on the build and one or two I recall are custom builds?

As it might be quicker to outline the ones which absolutely cannot be updated. Could it be made clear which ones these are?

As examples. I have a mountain of System and Microsoft libraries which are showing available updates, Lucene, AutoMapper, MySql etc etc.

• Matt Birch 6 posts 96 karma points
    Sep 05, 2018 @ 18:09
    Matt Birch

Hi Martin,

Is there a reason you'd want to update dependent packages?

I would just let Nuget do its job of managing dependencies and start at the top of the tree. So if you update the Umbraco.Cms or Umbraco.Cms.Core packages to upgrade your Umbraco instance it will bring everything in that's needed and everything should run smoothly.

Sep 06, 2018 @ 09:18
    Martin Griffiths

It's a good question. When it comes to the microsoft and system libs, you hear stuff from time to time about memory leaks & security issues etc. So I feel its best to keep those up-to-date.

Sep 14, 2018 @ 09:28
    Martin Griffiths

So to follow on from this post....We should all now be in receipt of the security vulnerability email! I think it makes my question a tad more relevant.

So if anyone can offer up any further comment on updating libraries, it would be most welcome and timely.

Thanks.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft