Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Himasnhu K 17 posts 86 karma points
    Sep 07, 2018 @ 10:29
    Himasnhu K

umbraco upgrade from 7.6 to 7.8

I am manually upgrade the umbraco 7.6 to umbraco 7.8 we are able to login umbraco admin first time . I am unable to find the login ID and password to login umbraco admin 2nd time. I assured that umbraco is upgraded to 7.8 but don't know how to access umbraco admin login. Even I tried with hashed and clear password and tried with password reset dll i.e- UmbracoAdminReset.dll to login and access umbraco.

• Yakov Lebski 539 posts 2101 karma points
    Sep 08, 2018 @ 09:57
    Yakov Lebski

Can be several reasons for it:

1. Check that your user is not locked - you can see it in db, table [umbracoUser] , value in columns [userDisabled],[userNoConsole] should 0

2. Verify that useLegacyEncoding settings in web.config and compare to prevouse values

3. in 7.7 umbraco use email as login, please see the settings usernameIsEmail, should be false

alos please see guide to upgrade from specific version https://our.umbraco.com/documentation/Getting-Started/Setup/Upgrading/version-specific

Sep 16, 2018 @ 10:28
    Himasnhu K

Sir,

we have tried the same but still same issue, unable to login error - login fail to admin. kindly suggest further for step.

Also tried to upgrade through nuget and package manage console but unable to do and tried the same manually.

Sep 16, 2018 @ 10:46
    Yakov Lebski

please check useLegacyEncoding settings before and after upgrade

it appears on this key in web.config

<add name="UsersMembershipProvider" type="Umbraco.Web.Security.Providers.UsersMembershipProvider, Umbraco" minRequiredNonalphanumericCharacters="0" minRequiredPasswordLength="10" useLegacyEncoding="false" enablePasswordRetrieval="false" enablePasswordReset="false" requiresQuestionAndAnswer="false" passwordFormat="Hashed" allowManuallyChangingPassword="false" />

Oct 02, 2018 @ 09:55
    Himasnhu K

yes their is change in useLegacyEncoding password length =5 and useLegacyEncoding=true, passwordFormat="Clear"

what to do in that case? Is any wayout to login my upgraded project?

Oct 02, 2018 @ 10:11
    Yakov Lebski

I think that you need to

1. You should verify that useLegacyEncoding is true, if it was true and check
    2. Check that your user is not locked - you can see it in db, table [umbracoUser] , value in columns [userDisabled],[userNoConsole] should 0, this table is cache and you need restart your application after the change
Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft