Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Camilla Larsen 1 post 71 karma points
    Sep 10, 2018 @ 09:59
    Camilla Larsen

How should i start my new project in Umbraco

Hello out there!

I'm currently working on a website for Friborg Terapi, whom need to move their website from wordpress to umbraco. But since i am new to Umbraco, i'm not really sure what all the benefits are of using umbraco instead of wordpress.

• Is it possible to make the same features as in wordpress, such as using plugins or would you mostly create the functions using code?

• I was also wondering what the possibilities are for the backend vs. the frontend?

• And where is the best documentation for learning umbraco ? (I have experience with C#)

All in all as a newcomer to umbraco, who is still just in the research basis, i just want to get best start and knowledge of how to start of with umbraco.

• Marc Love (uSkinned.net) 431 posts 1669 karma points
    Sep 10, 2018 @ 10:23
    Marc Love (uSkinned.net)

Hi Camilla,

Marc from uSkinned here. Umbraco is a completely blank canvas which is ideal for tailoring the content editing experience to meet your clients demands. If you have experience with C# it should be easier for you to get up to speed as compared to someone with no C# experience. There are lots of useful resources available online. I would recommend Umbraco TV if you are looking for a quick start to learning about this CMS.

At uSkinned we have created themes/starter kits packed with features that we believe every website should have. The features available may be enough for you however if you need anything specific you are free to add your own functionality as nothing is locked down.

If you are interested in finding out more about our product, contact us via support and we will be able to set you up with a trial so that you can play about with one of our themes.

Cheers,

Marc

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft