Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Sean Dooley 288 posts 527 karma points
    Sep 11, 2018 @ 14:40
    Sean Dooley

Migrate existing Media section to AWS

We are looking at migrating an existing Media section over to AWS CloudFront.

The existing Media section is using the default Umbraco setup, Umbraco.Core.IO.PhysicalFileSystem. The AWS CloudFront solution will be using Umbraco S3 Provider, https://github.com/ElijahGlover/Umbraco-S3-Provider.

I have got the Umbraco S3 Provider working within a clean Umbraco solution. I now need to figure out how to setup Umbraco S3 Provider within an existing Umbraco website which is using the default Umbraco setup. I'm assuming it is not as simple as switch the file system provider in FileSystemProviders.config.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

• Saif Obeidat 79 posts 296 karma points
    Feb 18, 2020 @ 13:29
    Saif Obeidat

Have you found a solution ?

• Ismail Mayat 4511 posts 10090 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Feb 18, 2020 @ 13:53
    Ismail Mayat

Saif,

I did this recently for azure with existing site, i just copied over the media folders over to blob storage using azure storage explorer and it all just worked I suspect it should be the same?

Feb 18, 2020 @ 14:07
    Saif Obeidat

Hi Ismail,

In our case the media is already on S3 Bucket and we were using Virtual Path Provider in order to keep Umbraco relative URLs, like the below:

enter image description here

but recently we decided to use CloudFront for boosting the performance, so we had to change the Bucket hostname to something like http://d13m6h7pnph09.cloudfront.net, and it works perfectly with new uploaded media, and the media take the new URL:

enter image description here

So the issue here so to change the old media URLs to the CloudFront as, do you have any idea?

Mar 16, 2020 @ 07:45
    Saif Obeidat

We have solved this by generating script file of the database, and then we searched for the relative path images, we found that they sometimes start with something like this "src:/media/adasd/image.jpg" , we just replaced them by adding [clouldFront base] before "/media" segment

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft