Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Barry 15 posts 56 karma points c-trib
    Sep 13, 2018 @ 15:51
    Barry

Just had a strange situation that I am struggling to explain.

Umbraco version 7.6.4

The setup is this,

Staging server that sync's to the first live server which then sends out the call to the second live server which then grabs the updates from the database and updates itself. This is done via the 'distributedCall' settings in 'umbracosettings.config'.

Now, this all works fine except today where I find that the second live server has a cache file 'App_Data/umbraco.config' that was modified on the 8th August, over a month ago, but the site has shown changes that have been synced since this date.

So my question is this:

When a site gets the distributed call does it attempt to update the 'umbraco.config' cache file but then also hold the data straight into memory and then use this going forward. If for some reason the memory version of the cache is lost it then reads from the 'umbraco.config' file to create the memory cache version again.

if this is true then this would explain my situation but also highlight a potential problem of file locking but I can investigate that further if required.

• Harrison 42 posts 254 karma points
    Sep 19, 2018 @ 11:45
    Harrison

Since flexible load balancing has come in with Umbraco 7.3, the distributedCall section in umbracoSettings is no longer used for load balancing as noted here: https://our.umbraco.com/documentation/Getting-Started/Setup/Server-Setup/Load-Balancing/flexible#umbraco-configuration-files

Have a read to understand how the scheduling and master election works by default, which is how the slave servers sync with the master server. When the slave server syncs, it will sync it's examine indexes and the umbraco.config file with what's been published.

• Barry 15 posts 56 karma points c-trib
    Oct 09, 2018 @ 10:51
    Barry

Thanks for your reply Harrison

I'll make sure to read through that part of the documentation. I'm not sure if my particular installation use's flexible load balancing as it a project that I have upgraded over time from v4 of Umbraco and have not setup the server's in this manor. it might be because of this that it is causing me a problem's but it's manageable until I get the flexible load balancing in place.

Cheers

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft