Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at


  • Steven Baker 6 posts 26 karma points
    Sep 14, 2018 @ 11:21
    Steven Baker
    0

    TLS 1.2 and Umbraco failing to connect to SQL Server

    Hi,

    I've just tried using IISCrypto to change the TLS settings to 1.2 only and I received the 'Umbraco could not connect to the database...' error. I switched back to 1.0 - which, of course, causes certificate errors - and all works again.

    I am on an Server 2008R2 and SQL Server 2008R2 setup. Has anyone go any experience of this issue and any advice with regards to upping TLS and how you go about it?

    Kind regards, Steve

  • Angus 33 posts 126 karma points
    Sep 14, 2018 @ 14:01
    Angus
    0

    Hi Steven,

    Simon Dingley's accepted answer at the following link should address your issue:

    https://our.umbraco.com/forum/using-umbraco-and-getting-started/74628-the-underlying-connection-was-closed-an-unexpected-error-occurred-on-a-send

    A :-)

  • Steven Baker 6 posts 26 karma points
    Sep 19, 2018 @ 07:50
    Steven Baker
    0

    HI Angus,

    Thanks for pointing this out. I will give it a try next week and see what happens. We have been dropping the following code into our MVC apps so the penny should have dropped. I'll see if this works for the SQL Server connection, however.

       const SslProtocols _Tls12 = (SslProtocols)0x00000C00;
       const SecurityProtocolType Tls12 = (SecurityProtocolType)_Tls12;
       ServicePointManager.SecurityProtocol = Tls12;
    
  • Steven Baker 6 posts 26 karma points
    Oct 02, 2018 @ 07:09
    Steven Baker
    0

    Hi Angus,

    It was more a database matter as a KB hadn't been applied. Thanks for the info nonetheless.

    Steve

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft