Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Josip 195 posts 662 karma points c-trib
    Sep 18, 2018 @ 00:21
    Josip

VPS or Reseller for multiple Umbraco websites

Hello guys i have read many topics about hosting on this forum and now i need help to decide which one is the best for me. I want to pick hosting plan for small websites which i will build in Umbraco.

I cant decide between this 2 resellers: https://www.a2hosting.com/reseller-hosting
    (bronze plan) https://www.eukhost.com/reseller-hosting/windows.php (basic plan) and this VPS: https://www.1and1.com/vps-hosting (cloud M) I dont know what is realistic number of small webistes which i can have on reseller or VPS server with 1 gb RAM

• John Palmer 76 posts 201 karma points
    Sep 18, 2018 @ 07:30
    John Palmer

Hi Josip,

If you are based in Europe, it will better for you to find server in Europe region. For umbraco hosting, Hostforlife.eu can be good consideration for you. You can take a look at them so you can compare side by side. Good luck!

• Paul Seal 524 posts 2889 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Sep 18, 2018 @ 08:03
    Paul Seal

Hi Josip

I have a VPS with eukhost. They are great at customer service. The server hardly ever goes down, if at all. I have several sites running on there. Usually an Umbraco site takes about 300MB of RAM, so the amount of RAM you need will depend on how many sites you want to run.

I'm on the Windows VPS Standard plan with 3GB of RAM and a 60GB SSD. I also have SQL Server 2014 Express on there for the database.

Cheers

Paul

Sep 27, 2018 @ 19:59
    Josip

I have picked them and they are really fast with their answers at any time of the day, thank you for recommendation :)

Sep 18, 2018 @ 08:52
    Josip

Thank you Jhon for advice, i will definitely take hosting in EU.

Paul i have talk with eukhost and they answer realy fast, looks good.

I have just started my web development business and i have few clients with realy small websites, i dont want to offer them too expensive hosting, that is why i want to build as much as i can websites on one hosting plan.

So if i use Umbraco i will be able to run only 3 websites on VPS with 1 gb ram?

What if i pick reseller from eukhost?

Sep 18, 2018 @ 09:07
    Paul Seal

The other option is to use Umbraco Cloud. Your can get your client to enter their payment details for their project so you don't get billed personally, you just manage the build.

Cheers

Paul

• John Palmer 76 posts 201 karma points
    Sep 29, 2018 @ 05:12
    John Palmer

Hi Josip,

It seems you better go with reseller plan. If you use 3 websites on VPS that built only with 1 GB RAM, it wont be enough. I don't know but you may try. But, my recommendation is it will better for you to take reseller plan. Good luck!

Sep 29, 2018 @ 13:52
    Josip

Yes i picked reseller plan, only thing that i dont like is that i cant have bigger database than 400 mb, but it will be ok for smaller projects.

Sep 18, 2018 @ 09:06
    Paul Seal

Hi Josip Yes it seems like that. I don't know about the Reseller package. You will need to talk to eukhost about that.

Cheers

Paul

• Huw Reddick 1736 posts 6076 karma points MVP c-trib
    Sep 03, 2021 @ 14:19
    Huw Reddick

The amount of ram your site needs will vary significantly depending how large and how busy it is :)

We have a couple of very busy Umbraco sites which each use close to 2Gb of ram for IIS

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft