Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Richard Ford 2 posts 72 karma points
    Sep 18, 2018 @ 12:16
    Richard Ford

SEO Descriptions Not Being Picked Up - Please Help

I am currently experiencing some issues with Umbraco when it comes to Google picking up our SEO descriptions - the issue being that it isn't picking them up in many instances. The descriptions have been completed, keywords insert and we have the SEO index and follow boxes ticked, so I'm extremely confused.

Is there anything that can be done to remedy this issue? I can't think of anything we're doing wrong.

Thanks,

Richard

• Dave Woestenborghs 3504 posts 12133 karma points MVP 8x admin c-trib
    Sep 19, 2018 @ 13:09
    Dave Woestenborghs

Hi Richard,

What are you using to manage your seo data ?

Are you sure they are rendered on the page ?

You could put a page of your website through this tool and see if it matches what you have in your site : https://www.seocentro.com/tools/search-engines/metatag-analyzer.html

Also keep in mind that changes you make are not immediatly visible in google search results. This can take a while

Dave

• Richard Ford 2 posts 72 karma points
    Sep 28, 2018 @ 08:09
    Richard Ford

Hi Dave,

Many thanks for your feedback.

We are currently using Moz Pro to analyse our SEO performance, although there are some limitations to this with the site being partially written in javascript - which may be causing an issue with rendering. I shall explore this further with our development team.

Many of the descriptions that have been on, have been there for a while, so should have been picked up.

Hopefully when we've looked into the rendering further, we will find a solution.

Thanks,

Richard

• Manjunatha Govindappa 20 posts 119 karma points
    Sep 28, 2018 @ 08:18
    Manjunatha Govindappa

If Meta tags are added using javascript after document loaded it might have issue, Check your view source and confirm does meta tags exists in the view source

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft