Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Sonja 133 posts 621 karma points
    Sep 19, 2018 @ 07:15
    Sonja

Hi,

I have noticed that there is option to export document type. Is it possible to import already exported document type? I have multiple web sites and they are with multiple umbraco installations. Can I copy a document type from one installation into another? For example the blog from the training into an empty installation

Thanks

• Mike Beale 38 posts 132 karma points
    Sep 19, 2018 @ 07:31
    Mike Beale

Hi Sonja,

If you right-click on the ... of the Document Types tree in settings you should see the Import Document Type option, you can then choose the *.udt file created from the export.

enter image description here

• Sonja 133 posts 621 karma points
    Sep 19, 2018 @ 07:54
    Sonja

Thanks but I'm getting Object reference not set to an instance of an object. when I'm trying to import blogpost from the original installation to empty one

Object reference not set to an instance of an object. 
    Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below. 

Stack Trace: 

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
       Umbraco.Core.Models.ContentTypeCompositionBase.AddContentType(IContentTypeComposition contentType) +55
       Umbraco.Core.Services.PackagingService.UpdateContentTypeFromXml(XElement documentType, IContentType contentType) +869
       Umbraco.Core.Services.PackagingService.CreateContentTypeFromXml(XElement documentType) +363
       Umbraco.Core.Services.PackagingService.ImportContentTypes(XElement element, Boolean importStructure, Int32 userId, Boolean raiseEvents) +1428
       Umbraco.Core.Services.PackagingService.ImportContentTypes(XElement element, Int32 userId, Boolean raiseEvents) +13
       umbraco.presentation.umbraco.dialogs.importDocumentType.import_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) +222
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e) +9782450
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +204
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +12
       System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +15
       System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +35
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1639

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.7.3160.0 

• Dave Woestenborghs 3504 posts 12133 karma points MVP 8x admin c-trib
    Sep 19, 2018 @ 09:06
    Dave Woestenborghs

Hi Sonja,

Is your document build up with compositions or inheriting from another doctype ? Than you need to export/import them first

Dave

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft