Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at


  • Richard Terris 273 posts 714 karma points
    Sep 22, 2018 @ 19:11
    Richard Terris
    0

    Checkbox value not saving

    I just upgraded umbraco to 7.12.3 and am having a strange issue with checkboxes on a particular doc type.

    This issue is only happening on the remote dev server, I cannot replicate it locally.

    When I uncheck the checkbox, save and publish the doc type, click on another node and then back to this, the checkbox is showing as checked again.

    Having looked at the request payload being sent, I can see that the value is being sent as 1 so it makes sense that it would be saved as checked, but the question is why?

    When I pushed the upgrade to the remote server, I did so by manually cherry-picking folders and files, and copying them up. On the off-chance I had missed something, today I copied the entire local version, put it on the server in a different folder, and then pointed the IIS website to this new folder. The issue is still there. So, it definitely appears to be environmental, but I'm not sure what. Could it be some permissions?

    Something else I wonder about, and not sure if it's related or not; I notice that locally the checkbox is a nice big green button, very user-friendly, but on the remote server it's just a plain old standard checkbox. I guess there's some stylesheet somewhere to change the look of this, but having not worked with Umbraco this is new to me. But I thought it was worth mentioning in case it's related and provides some clue.

    I hope someone can help.

  • Søren Gregersen 299 posts 1182 karma points MVP c-trib
    Sep 22, 2018 @ 20:16
    Søren Gregersen
    0

    If you create a new doctype on the live server, are you able to get the "nice big green button"?

    If not, you may have missed an upgrade or something on the live server. To trigger umbraco to re-install, you can remove the umbraco version from the web.config.

  • Richard Terris 273 posts 714 karma points
    Sep 22, 2018 @ 20:25
    Richard Terris
    0

    Annoyingly, I have lost access until Monday, but I'll take l look at that on Monday.

    However, I did upgrade the site locally and then pushed up all the upgrade files and ran the site through the upgrade; do you think I've missed a file?

    Like I said, I copied up EVERYTHING to a new site on the remote server and it's the same issue still

  • Søren Gregersen 299 posts 1182 karma points MVP c-trib
    Sep 22, 2018 @ 21:11
    Søren Gregersen
    0

    I rather think that it's something in the database or config, rather than missing files.

    The datatype should be using an editor named umbraco.checkbox (the "nice big green button") as far as I recall. The older Umbraco.TrueFalse will give the normal checkbox.

  • Bernard Moes 16 posts 118 karma points
    Sep 23, 2018 @ 20:11
    Bernard Moes
    101

    Updating the client dependency version in config/ClientDependency.config could help. Styling and scripts are heavily cached and updating the client dependency triggers the server to cache a new version.

  • Richard Terris 273 posts 714 karma points
    Sep 24, 2018 @ 08:57
    Richard Terris
    0

    I'd ruled this out because I uploaded the entire site to a new folder on the remote server and pointed the original app pool at it, but it's worked!

    Thanks a lot

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft