Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Erik Hansen 1 post 71 karma points
    Sep 27, 2018 @ 13:11
    Erik Hansen

I am currently working as a Web Developer, and we just made a new website using wordpress. But we started discussion if it would be better to use Umbraco in the future, since it seems to be a more stable system. Our new website is hjaelptilweb.dk/ny-hjemmeside, and we would like to be able to all the same things as you can with wordpress just using Umbraco and C# instead of using Wordpress and PHP? So my question is what are the benefits vs the downside?

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5045 posts 15476 karma points MVP admin hq
    Sep 27, 2018 @ 13:16
    Sebastiaan Janssen

Well of course we're all biased because we enjoy working with Umbraco already.

Do you have more specific questions? Umbraco can do what Wordpress can do as well, but you probably already knew that.

I would encourage you to try Umbraco out and ask questions along the way ("I can do x in WP, how does that work in Umbraco", for example).

• Paul Daly (uSkinned.net) 40 posts 393 karma points c-trib
    Sep 27, 2018 @ 14:27
    Paul Daly (uSkinned.net)

Hi Erik

Umbraco is a blank canvas which is ideal for tailoring the content editing experience to meet your clients needs. If you have experience with C# it should be easier for you to get up to speed as compared to someone with no C# experience. There are lots of useful resources available online. I'd recommend Umbraco TV if you are looking for a quick start to learning about this CMS.

At uSkinned (I work there btw) we have created themes/starter kits packed with features that we believe every website should have. The features available may be enough for you, however, if you need anything specific you are free to add your own functionality as none of the code is locked down.

If you'd like to find out more just drop us an email on our contact page! :-)

• Paul Wright (suedeapple) 277 posts 704 karma points
    Sep 27, 2018 @ 17:26
Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft