Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• jake williamson 207 posts 872 karma points
    Oct 01, 2018 @ 18:46
    jake williamson

has anyone managed to get the 'directionality' tinymce plugin working for ltr and rtl richtext ediors in the backoffice?

hey out there,

i've a site that's going to have 'left to right' and 'right to left' text in it.

the front end is all wired up thanks to bootstraps rtl (enter link description here) nice.

however...

is it possible to make the richtext editor in the backoffice ltr and rtl? i've found a couple of posts on the forum that appear to suggest it's possible using the tinymce 'directionality' plugin but try as i might, i can't get the button to appear on the button bar.

so far i've edited the 'tinyMceConfig.config' adding this to the plugins section:

<plugin loadOnFrontend="true">directionality</plugin>

and then added the following to the commands section:

<command>
        <umbracoAlias>ltr</umbracoAlias>
        <icon>images/editor/ltr.gif</icon>
        <tinyMceCommand value="" userInterface="false" frontendCommand="ltr">ltr</tinyMceCommand>
        <priority>75</priority>
    </command>
    <command>
        <umbracoAlias>rtl</umbracoAlias>
        <icon>images/editor/rtl.gif</icon>
        <tinyMceCommand value="" userInterface="false" frontendCommand="rtl">rtl</tinyMceCommand>
        <priority>76</priority>
    </command>

nothing was showing until i added this to the 'customConfig' section:

<config key="directionality">rtl</config>

the problem now is that all the richtext editors in the backoffice are rtl...

i was really hoping that buttons would appear on the tool bar allowing the user to toggle between the two?

is this possible?!

any suggestions would, as ever, be blardy amazin ;)

jake

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft