Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Tuan nguyen 1 post 71 karma points
    Oct 01, 2018 @ 19:22
    Tuan nguyen

Dave's description of how to install YAF

Dave's description of how to install YAF didn't match up to what I had downloaded from YAF. The files weren't where they were supposed to be..

I really need to get a forum running on the site, but I haven't had any luck with UForum or YAF, and I don't know of any other options.. Anyone have any ideas? I need a forum that integrates with the Umbraco membership i already have running on the site, and I need the forum to support different authorship roles.

Thanks,

• John Bergman 483 posts 1132 karma points
    Oct 02, 2018 @ 04:23
    John Bergman

Did you take a look at dialogue?

• Dave Woestenborghs 3504 posts 12133 karma points MVP 8x admin c-trib
    Oct 02, 2018 @ 06:10
    Dave Woestenborghs

Hi Tuan,

I think you are referring to this blogpost : http://dawoe.blogspot.com/2009/02/intergrate-yet-another-forum-193rc2.html

This is almost a decade old! It is targetd at Umbraco 4.0 and YAF 1.9.3-RC

Umbraco has had 2 new major versions (6 and 7). And YAF is at version 2.2.x at the moment. Both have had breaking changes since that blogpost was written.

I actually can't take the blogpost offline. Don't own the e-mailadres anymore that I used to setup it up.

Dave

• Naziha Izzati 5 posts 75 karma points
    Nov 11, 2019 @ 03:42
    Naziha Izzati

Hi Tuan,

Are u manage to integrate the umbraco with the YAF? Can u share me the steps to integrate. I still not successful to integrate the umbraco and YAF.

Thanks

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft