Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Kris 14 posts 96 karma points
    Oct 02, 2018 @ 20:10
    Kris

I have a local setup that runs in visual studio and for some reason the back office is always blank... before it was just the admin so I upgraded and now it is doing it still but redirecting to a blank http://localhost:52277/umbraco/AuthorizeUpgrade? page.. Why would it be blank? There is html there but it isn't displaying?

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Oct 03, 2018 @ 05:12
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Kris and welcome to the Umbraco forum :)

What version did you upgrade from? I'm assuming you upgraded to the latest release? When doing the upgrade did you do that manually or using nuget? And did you check to see if there were any specific upgrade instructions that you needed to take care of manually?

The reason for the blank screen can be caused by JavaScript errors due to caching issues, cookie issues etc.

If you look in the console log of your browser does it then throw any JavaScript errors? And also if you look in the /App_Data/Logs folder does that reveal anything marked with "ERROR"?

After running an upgrade Umbraco performs some database migrations, which are triggerd by "Authorizing" the upgrade when logging back into the backoffice. But for some reason it currently can't run in your case obviously :)

Without more specific knowledge of why it's failing I would try the following

1. Clear you cookies - Does that make any difference?

2. Go to /AppData/Temp/ClientDependency and delete all of the files in here - Then go to the /AppData/Config folder and increase the version number attribute by 1 and then finally recycle the app pool. Does that make any difference?

I hope these pointers help and make sense :)

/Jan

Oct 03, 2018 @ 15:11
    Kris

I have looked at the javascript console in the browser (I have tried IE, edge, Chrome and safari) and there are no javascript errors..

I used Nuget to upgrade..

I tried your steps to no avail..

• Nik 1593 posts 7151 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Oct 03, 2018 @ 15:48
    Nik

Hi Kris,

Do you have any redirect rules in place? They may be in Web.Config if your web.config is very similar to your live environment.

The backoffice being completely blank when serving that page is quite unusual.

Have you checked the log file in App_Data that Jan suggested?

Nik

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Oct 03, 2018 @ 16:35
    Jan Skovgaard

...And also...what version did you upgrade from? Perhaps something needs to be done manually :)

/Jan

Oct 03, 2018 @ 22:52
    Kris

I just ended up starting a new project and re-setup everything and it's working now... weird... Cause it have been caused by me letting nugget update web.config etc during the upgrade?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft