Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Alex Sosa 17 posts 142 karma points
    Oct 03, 2018 @ 02:45
    Alex Sosa

Hi there,

First of all thanks in advance for your help, I'm having difficulty troubleshooting the issue in the images below the website is setup in a subdomain for testing purposes. The problem I'm getting is that some assets do not download properly in some instances and some other times are fine I do get the same issue on the Umbraco back office, sometimes I need to refresh the browser couple of times in order for the browser to render the nodes, thank you once againenter image description here

enter image description here

• Dave Woestenborghs 3504 posts 12133 karma points MVP 8x admin c-trib
    Oct 03, 2018 @ 08:36
    Dave Woestenborghs

Hi Alex,

Do you have this in all browsers or just in Chrome ? If it is only chrome can yo u try the steps outlined here : https://appuals.com/google-chrome-errspdyprotocol_error/

And maybe the ones here : https://www.techsupportall.com/fix-errspdyprotocol_error-permanently/

Dave

Oct 03, 2018 @ 09:29
    Alex Sosa

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the prompt reply and apologies I should've mentioned that I've tried both of the sources you provided before I posted the issue and neither fixed the problem. The issue occurs on all browsers the images below are from firefox, edge and opera do the same and the winner with the less amount of issues is IE11.

Oct 03, 2018 @ 10:00
    Dave Woestenborghs

Are you perhaps loading the images from a different domain with an SSL certificate ?

Dave

Oct 03, 2018 @ 10:07
    Alex Sosa

They are all on the umbraco media folder unless I'm doing it wrong, however the issue occurs with js and css files as well

Oct 03, 2018 @ 10:14
    Alex Sosa

this is an image of the backoffice just few min ago,enter image description here

Oct 03, 2018 @ 10:17
    Dave Woestenborghs

I think this has something to do with your server configuration.

Are you running locally or on a hosted server ?

Dave

Oct 03, 2018 @ 10:21
    Alex Sosa

is it running on a shared hosted server, when working on it locally is all good, any details of the server that may help troubleshoot?

Regards Alex

Oct 03, 2018 @ 10:22
    Dave Woestenborghs

Hi Alex,

I think it's best to get in touch with your hosting provider. They may have (mis)configured something that is explaining this behavior.

And of course let us know what the outcome is.

Dave

Oct 03, 2018 @ 10:28
    Alex Sosa

I've got in touch with them, and as far as they can tell the server is running fine no signs that any assets aren't being served and if I was to dig a bit deeper with the service provider what kind of setting would I need to look into in regards of the misconfiguration? does matter that I'm running the site off a subdomain?

Thanks so much for your help and I'll for sure report back when I figure out what it is

Regards Alex

Oct 03, 2018 @ 10:30
    Dave Woestenborghs

Hi Alex,

I just found another blog post relating to this : https://codeshare.co.uk/blog/how-to-fix-the-error-errspdyprotocol_error/

Could you check that ?

Dave

Oct 03, 2018 @ 10:39
    Alex Sosa

Hi Dave,

I've gave that a go earlier today and didn't help, I even used Paul's (the guy from the post) security headers and CSP tool to generate a policy and unfortunately was a no go. I'll give the service provider a call in the morning, I'm sure that if I bug them a lot they'll look more closely to the issue, once again I really appreciate the help

Kind regards Alex

Oct 09, 2018 @ 20:16
    Alex Sosa

Hi Dave,

We found the culprit for my issue, it was related to the IP Dynamic Restrictions setting being enable on the server, so after disabling that setting the site runs all nice and dandy, thanks for your help

Regards Alex

Oct 10, 2018 @ 06:45
    Dave Woestenborghs

Hi Alex,

Nice to hear you got this solved. Was it something the hosting provider needed to change ?

Dave

Oct 10, 2018 @ 07:12
    Alex Sosa

It was indeed, they needed to disable the IP Dynamic Restrictions on the server config, however they mentioned that it is possible to disable the setting from the app web.config

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft