Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Adrian Wu 53 posts 266 karma points
    Oct 04, 2018 @ 04:47
    Adrian Wu

how to scheduled publishing some specific properties in back office

Hi , guys, is there any ways to only do the scheduled publishing for some specific properties of one page instead of the whole page?

Thanks,

A

• Nik 1593 posts 7151 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Oct 04, 2018 @ 08:45
    Nik

Hi Adrian,

I don't believe there is a way to publish just a property and not the entire page unfortunately. I think you'd have to build your own mechanism that could build up a list of properties that are to be published and when, then automatically update the content item's property with the new value and publish then entire page.

What exactly are you trying to achieve as there might be a better way of doing it.

Nik

Oct 04, 2018 @ 09:51
    Adrian Wu

Thanks for the reply, Nik.

I am thinking to add a new property with date picker type to let the content editor set the scheduled date they want to publish some properties.

And then when the page load I send an AJAX to UmbracoApiController to get that scheduled date from UmbracoHelper(UmbracoContext.Current), only show those properties values via js if it is equal or greater than the scheduled date.

What do you think?

Thanks,

Oct 04, 2018 @ 10:06
    Nik

I'm just trying to understand what the purpose of it is to be honest. Do you have an actual scenario that this applies to? So more a real-world example rather than a technical explanation?

Oct 04, 2018 @ 20:06
    Adrian Wu

Hi, Nik, I have a use case that I only want to schedule publishing the banner property in a page while other properties in that page should be instantly published

Oct 04, 2018 @ 20:08
    Nik

Hi Adrian,

So, the banner is essentially a conditional based on a date/date range?

What I would do in that scenario is use something like Nested Content to define Banners. Banners could contain properties such as Date Valid From and Date Valid To. You could then use these properties to help determine what banner to show for what period.

This would, however, mean that all banners are "published" to the cache, but your front end code then decides which it should show.

That could help you achieve what you are after :-)

Nik

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft