Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• panos makris 2 posts 72 karma points
    Oct 04, 2018 @ 10:43
    panos makris

How to add drop-down menus in a prexisting Contact Form

Hello

I want to add drop-down menus in a prexisting Contact Form [my clent had someone set a contact form but their partnership has ended] but i don't know how. Can i add it from the visual editor? If yes, can you point me to a tutorial? Also, i am not a developer so any information will be appreciated.

Thank you.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Oct 04, 2018 @ 11:09
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Panos and welcome to the Umbraco forum :)

Do you know whether the form is a custom build form or one that is setup using Umbraco Forms?

If they have Umbraco Forms installed you should be able to find the form in the forms section and then edit the form from within Umbraco to have the dropdown options. You can learn more about Umbraco forms here https://our.umbraco.com/Documentation/Add-ons/UmbracoForms/

If on the other hand it's a custom form you'll probably need to search through the solution in Visual Studio if possible. I don't know if you have been given full access to the source code and if perhaps the form is built using C# at all? It might also be some 3rd party option embedded into a rich text editor field in Umbraco using Wufoo for instance?

/Jan

Oct 04, 2018 @ 11:12
    Jan Skovgaard

Oh...sorry misread your initial post so did not catch the "I am not a developer" part.

So my answer is - If Umbraco forms is installed and you have access to it you should be able to add the dropdown yourself. Please see the editor documentation for working with forms here https://our.umbraco.com/Documentation/Add-ons/UmbracoForms/Editor/

You should be able to access forms the same way you access content and media (If it's been installed).

There's also a change that the form is custom made for some reason or that it's referencing a 3rd party like Wufoo for instance.

If you can't access the forms section I've mentioned you will probably need to get in touch with an Umbraco developer in order to achieve it. Maybe you'll be able to find a company from thist list who can help you out https://umbraco.com/partners/find-a-partner/

I hope this makes sense? :)

/Jan

• panos makris 2 posts 72 karma points
    Oct 04, 2018 @ 12:43
    panos makris

Thank you for your prompt response, i really appreciate it. I believe i have access to neither and come to think of it, i probably don't have access to the setting panel also. I am seeing this when i use my clients credentials and i believe that he has very little rights when it comes to managing his property.

enter image description here

could be wrong because i have no experience with this CMS :)

Oct 04, 2018 @ 14:23
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Panos

Yes the previous developer should have handed over the admin login since that is needed for setting up other users and assign then access to different sections etc.

If you can't get in touch with the previous dev and have them give you the credentials then I guess you'll need to do some database stuff resetting the admin but hopefully that won't be necessary!

I hope it works out :)

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft