Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• bob 19 posts 39 karma points
    Oct 05, 2018 @ 15:02
    bob

Google Map Javascript API For development purposes only

We have a Umbraco website that uses Google Maps API with location markers.

After the change in rules this year we added a payment card and enabled billing however our quota was reached and the billing was de-activated.

I have now enabled the billing and assigned the Map API to it and have also generated a new API key that is being called from the site header.

We are now receiving the following error in the Tiny MCE Editor backoffice only "For development purposes only" whereas on the front end it is fine, any idea why it is showing the error in the backend of the CMS?

Google Maps Platform API Checker states - ERROR: This site doesn't seem to be using an API key. Keyless usage will soon be deprecated. Please set up and secure a key for your project.

From what I can see theres a Google Maps for Umbraco plugin that I am assuming asks for the API on installation but its not set anywhere in the code and I cant seem to see where to set it in the back office either.

I also do not want to mess up the existing functionality by uninstalling and re-installing but I dont think there is any other way to make this work.

So where do I add this key in the backoffice so that the error goes away?

Please can someone help? Thanks in advance!

• Søren Gregersen 441 posts 1884 karma points MVP 2x c-trib
    Oct 06, 2018 @ 01:39
    Søren Gregersen

you have only added the key for the frontend, not the backoffice.

If it's in tinymce, I guess it's build as a macro? You should edit the views used by the macro accordingly

• bob 19 posts 39 karma points
    Oct 08, 2018 @ 13:28
    bob

Hi Soren,

This does not work, it looks like the only way is to uninstall and reinstall the Google Maps for Umbraco plugin. Thanks for your help.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft