Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• George 58 posts 165 karma points
    Oct 09, 2018 @ 06:43
    George

Page becomes unusable after changing property sort order of document type

We are using Umbraco 7.10.3

Yesterday, a colleague of mine complained about the order of the properties of one of our document types. I selected the document type and simply changed the sort order of the properties. Unfortunately, we noticed immediately afterwards that the page in question could not be expanded in the menu to show its children (children of the same documentType). Moreover the icon of the page in question changed. Can anyone tell us what happened with that node and how can we revert those changes?

What happened with the children?

• Nik 1591 posts 7148 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Oct 09, 2018 @ 07:41
    Nik

Hi SWAT,

Looking at it, it would appear that someone has enabled List view for the child pages on the document type. This is why you are now seeing a small grid overlayed on the icon, and don't have the ability to expand the node in the main tree view.

It is also why you have the Child Items tab showing which lists all the child nodes instead.

This is intended behaviour. If you wish to revert it, you can turn off List View on that document type and it should go back to what you had before.

Something to note: It's not possible to have both List view, and Expand in tree functionality they are mutually exclusive :-)

Nik

• George 58 posts 165 karma points
    Oct 09, 2018 @ 11:46
    George

Thanks Nik! The list view option was in another tab and I never even touched it while playing with the property sort orders so I never noticed it got changed. Will pay more attention in the future!

• Nik 1591 posts 7148 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Oct 09, 2018 @ 12:35
    Nik

No worries at all :-) Pleased it helped.

The List mode can be good particularly if you have a single doc type underneath a parent and alot of them. If they stay in the tree, then it can slow down the tree loading for the back office :-) Just something to think about :-)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft