Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• ssougnez 93 posts 319 karma points c-trib
    Oct 11, 2018 @ 08:27
    ssougnez

Hello,

I'm planning on deploying a new site made with Umbraco on-premise (I can't use uCloud or Azure) but I'd like to be able to use Redis to cache data. If I'm not wrong (maybe I am), it should be possible to use Redis to put some information in the cache from one server making it available on another server, isn't it?

I searched on Google but didn't find any resource explaining how to configure Redis for Umbraco on a non-Azure environment.

Is it supported and if so, is there some explanation on how to setup this?

Thanks

• Barry Fogarty 493 posts 1129 karma points
    Oct 11, 2018 @ 09:38
    Barry Fogarty

Hi,

Yes this is possible - indeed that is really the whole purpose of Redis.

There is nothing Umbraco-specific about this, you basically install Redis for windows (I used the MSOpenTech port), ensuring it is accessible from all webservers, and set it up in the same way as for any ASP.Net website. If you have an on-premise DB server this is a good candidate machine for your Redis server. As for the implementation, there are examples out there that show how to serialise and deserialise your typed objects to write and read them to and from the Redis server.

Check out this simple example of interacting with a Redis cache from an ASP.Net application: Although the article describes setting up an Azure Redis service, the actual cache interaction code is identical.

• ssougnez 93 posts 319 karma points c-trib
    Oct 11, 2018 @ 15:39
    ssougnez

Ow, that’s cool. I never really worked with Redis yet so I though that an Umbraco specific configuration was required. It’s good news that it’s not :-)

Thanks a lot

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft