Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Anita Hansen 9 posts 49 karma points
    Oct 15, 2018 @ 11:40
    Anita Hansen

Linking to cds-file not working

Hi,

I want our users to be able to download a file with the extension cds. I select my text and chose Insert Link, chose the cds file and click Save and Publish.

When I then go to the frontend the result is "Page does not exist". Can anyone please help me?

Belsen

• David Amri 214 posts 740 karma points
    Oct 15, 2018 @ 20:43
    David Amri

Hi Anita,

Maybe I’m missunderstanding your question but where is the cds file located? The file has to be accesable in order to download the file. You could add it to the Umbraco media section and link to the file from there or you have to make sure the file exists somewhere else.

If you already are doing this, it could be that the browser you are using is not supporting the HTML5 download attribute (if thats what you are using). Try to set the link target to blank, so the link opens in a new tab.

Oct 16, 2018 @ 08:06
    Anita Hansen

Hi David,

I have saved the file i Media. I have now tried to set the link target to alle three available posibillities: 1. Opens the linked document in a new window or tab. 2. Opens the linked document in the full body of the window. 3. Opens the linked document in the parent frame

None of them work - When I click the link it seems like I am able to save the file but get the message after: " No file produced"...

I use Chrome but have just tried Firefox. In the latter it seems that the file it wants to save is a HTML file...

• David Amri 214 posts 740 karma points
    Oct 16, 2018 @ 08:12
    David Amri

Okey, I must say I'm not familiar with the .cds file format and maybe the browser has a hard time understanding what to do with it. A safe bet would be to zip the file and let the users download the zipped version.

Oct 16, 2018 @ 08:44
    Anita Hansen

Thank you so much. That did the trick. Didn't think of that.

Have a nice day.

Anita

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft