Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jarno 21 posts 152 karma points
    Oct 16, 2018 @ 08:50
    Jarno

Backoffice session time out

Hi,

We are running in to an issue with staying logged in for more than a minute in the Umbraco Backoffice. The problem seems to beeing reproducable when we follow these steps: We try to login with an admin account We are logged in successful After less than a minute we ware logged out and being redirected back to the login page. When we try to login directly again, we receive a login failed message

When we follow the same steps on our development environment it seems to work fine.

We are using the following keys in de the web.config

<add key="umbracoTimeOutInMinutes" value="20" />

In umbracoSettings.config we’ve tried the following

<keepUserLoggedIn>true</keepUserLoggedIn>

(We have tried with both keepUserLoggedIn set to true and false with no success)

If I look in my browser console I see the following errors: enter image description here

The server architecture is more or less like this: 2 frontend servers 1 CMS servers 1 load balancer 1 redis cache The load balancer is configured for SS-offloading and always routes the CMS-url to the CMS server.

• Jarno 21 posts 152 karma points
    Oct 17, 2018 @ 08:18
    Jarno

Minor update for this thread:

To exclude some assumptions we removed the load balancer. All traffic for frontend and CMS is leading to one server via HTTP. But still the same issue. If we login we're able to click around but are logged out within 10min (the amount of time is random). When logged out we can't log in for a period of time and the following error message is diplayed above the login form: "Session timed out".

Someone have a clue about this issue? Any help or suggestions are welcome!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft