Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• andywilde 25 posts 66 karma points
    Oct 17, 2018 @ 16:23
    andywilde

TinyMCE link inserter defaults to target="_New"

The TinyMCE link inserter defaults to target="_New" for ext links.

Is it possible to change this to default to target="_blank"

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Oct 17, 2018 @ 17:38
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Andy

I'm not quite sure I folllow along here? Is it the link picker from the rich text editor you have in mind? I just gave it a spin in Umbraco 7.12.3 and when marking that the link should open in a new window _blank is being used and if not then the target attribute is not set and that makes perfect sense - So curious to learn about the context where you experience this issue? Is it an earlier version of Umbraco or a custom rich text editor implementation or?

/Jan

• andywilde 25 posts 66 karma points
    Oct 18, 2018 @ 07:53
    andywilde

Hi Jan

Doh (as Homer would say). The links I checked had been added manually by a colleague I misunderstood what she told me.

You are correct, we are using version 7.12.2 and it does indeed insert target="_blank" when the 'Opens the linked document in a new window or tab' is selected.

Sorry for wasting your time.

Thanks for responding. Andy

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Oct 18, 2018 @ 08:01
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Andy

Aaaah, no worries! I get it :-)

Don't worry about it - In case it had actually been a reproducible issue it would have needed to be fixed. Luckily it turned out it was not in this case though. But please don't feel bad about asking - If you had in fact found a bug then you would have helped the entire community discovering it so it could get fixed :-)

Hope you have a lovely day!

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft