Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• John Bergman 483 posts 1132 karma points
    Oct 21, 2018 @ 16:16
    John Bergman

Load Balancing (Advanced) question

I am prepping to deploy our umbraco implementation to Azure, and have a question about how to properly setup load balancing in our case.

At first, I was hoping I could just use the Flexible Load Balancing as an implementation, but I am not confident that either will work actually.

In our Front End we have some things that the registered end user can modify that are stored as CMS documents; these documents are "theirs" meaning that they relate to either them as an individual, or them as a company. The information is stored In the CMS as documents, and generally speaking the information is pretty static (meaning an update maybe once a month if that). I had opted to leave them in the CMS because they are not editted often; and in cases where things can frequently change I put them in subsequent tables instead of directly in the CMS content nodes.

Because the end user can make the changes, it means that any one of the deployed umbraco instances could make a chance to that content node. This appears to go against how load balancing is expected to work.

OK, so here is my question: will this work as described, or do I need to add a bunch of custom code to make sure that the saving actually stores the information using a master server instead of the local servers? If that is the case, anyone have any code that does that I could jump start off of? And finally, is this how I should expect V8 to work as well?

Thanks! Any insight, ideas or comments would be helpful.

• Ismail Mayat 4511 posts 10090 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Oct 22, 2018 @ 08:10
    Ismail Mayat

John,

When you say end user makes changes do you mean that they log into umbraco backoffice and make the change or you have provided a page on the front end where they do this?

Regards

Ismail

Oct 22, 2018 @ 21:21
    John Bergman

No, for backoffice related work by Staff that I am planning to do that on a single node/server (like the master server in the flexible load balancing situation).

This is purely end users that have accounts on the live resulting site (not the back office) making changes to pages that they own or control.

• Mila Pandurska 75 posts 353 karma points
    Oct 22, 2018 @ 19:45
    Mila Pandurska

Hi I have the same situation. My members can add/edit/delete umbraco nodes from front-end site. What is the correct configuration in load balanced environment?

Mila

Oct 29, 2018 @ 17:11
    John Bergman

Bump... Can anyone in the know comment?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft