Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Sonja 133 posts 621 karma points
    Oct 23, 2018 @ 06:46
    Sonja

MultiProject Umbraco installation

Hi,

I have one project where Umbraco is installed and I want to add another project that will be only web.api but Umbraco web api in the same solution. This means I need to reference umbraco dlls from the first project in the same solution? Which dlls do I reference? Or is there some other way to install umbraco on both projects?

Please advice

• Michaël Vanbrabandt 863 posts 3348 karma points c-trib
    Oct 23, 2018 @ 06:59
    Michaël Vanbrabandt

Hi Sonja,

you have 2 packages that you can install:

1. UmbracoCms: this contains all the files needed to run and work with Umbraco. This will be the main package you install in your web project.
    2. UmbracoCms.Core: this package contains all the core files. So this will be the one you need in order to work with Umbraco in other projects.

Hope this helps!

/Michaël

Oct 23, 2018 @ 07:06
    Sonja

Yes I have installed UmbracoCms on the main project. But do I need to install it on the web api project too? Both projects are in the same solution.

• Michaël Vanbrabandt 863 posts 3348 karma points c-trib
    Oct 23, 2018 @ 07:09
    Michaël Vanbrabandt

Hi Sonja,

like I mentioned in my previous post, you only need to install the UmbracoCms.Core package in your second Web API project.

Then you will have access to all Umbraco Core assemblies.

Hope this helps!

/Michaël

Oct 23, 2018 @ 07:17
    Sonja

Hi Michael,

Should I install Umbraco Core even if I'm not using .Net Core? My second project is in normal visual studio

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft