Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Joaquin Poggi 4 posts 74 karma points
    Oct 24, 2018 @ 10:49
    Joaquin Poggi

Hello Umbraco Comunity!

Iam Joaquin Poggi, I have been working with lots of differents CMS, but Iam new with Umbraco. Only few mounths experience.

Iam not a developer, but as a SEO expert i need to work lots of times with coding, pugins, extensions.. etc. But the real coding work is been done by our developers.

We need to install Algolia Internal search engine in a website running Umbraco, Basically because is the best for this.

For wordpress and others CMS, or even for custom CMS is quite simple to implement, but becouse here there is lots of experts of Umbraco, maybe some of you know how to do it, or some tips or recomendations.

This can be just a link to a blog or similar.

Thanks in advance,

Have a nice: Day or Night...

Joaquin

• Alex Skrypnyk 6131 posts 23950 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Oct 24, 2018 @ 14:53
    Alex Skrypnyk

Hello Joaquin,

It's a great idea to implement a package Integration Algolia with Umbraco. Maybe even submit this package to Algolia team, they list all integrations on their site, so maybe it will be interesting for them also.

Thanks,

Alex

Oct 25, 2018 @ 07:01
    Joaquin Poggi

Thanks Alex, but I have talk with people in Algolia and they dont know nothing about Umbraco.

I dont know what are the benefits of using a CMS that nobody knows and is hard to integrate with important tools... With others CMS you never have this kind of problems.

Why wasting time developing things that for others CMS people already work, so you dont need to start from scratch, and can focus in optimize or improve so you can get to the top level of quality quicker and cheaper.

• Søren Kottal 702 posts 4497 karma points MVP 5x c-trib
    Oct 25, 2018 @ 10:15
    Søren Kottal

Hi Joaquin

Well, Christopher Columbus didn't know America and mistook it for India. We all learn new things every day :)

Algolia has a lot of tutorials on how to implement their search here: https://www.algolia.com/doc/tutorials/

AFAIK, no one has made a "standard" integration for indexing Umbraco sites in Algolia. Probably because most Umbraco sites are different from each other in terms of how they are built and how their content is structured.

And often, you don't wan't all your content to be searchable anyway, which is why I think you should build your integration yourself.

Oct 25, 2018 @ 10:42
    Joaquin Poggi

Yes, We have install algolia in different CMS. Wordpress, shopify and others are super easy to install, then you can customize all what you need.

I thought that umbraco was going to be like a custom cms, but is even harder.

The main selling poing of umbraco is that is possible to customize 100%, but with others CMS like wordpress you can do this also. I get the point of umbraco.

In wordpress you can use a plugin and work for make it better or fit all your needs. or just build yours, or edit the core... as you wish.

Oct 25, 2018 @ 11:03
    Alex Skrypnyk

Of course, it's hard to sell Umbraco to Wordpress customers, but I think it's impossible to sell them something else.

Oct 25, 2018 @ 11:02
    Alex Skrypnyk

With Umbraco you can do the same - you can use a plugin and work to make it better or fit all your needs. or just build yours, or edit the core... as you wish.

Umbraco is super flexible CMS, what did you mean custom? It's a CMS all solutions that are not in the core - use plugin or develop yourself.

Umbraco is secure, stable and actively growing with the best community :)

Oct 25, 2018 @ 11:13
    Joaquin Poggi

Why use Umbraco, which are the benefits ?

Is not more secure than wordpress for example, wordpress websites that get hacked are not update or they have silly mistakes, or just low quality plugins.

And because Wordpress is running the 32% of the entire internet, hackers focus on wordpress so they can hacks lots of website at the same time.

As a developer you can earn more money working with Umbraco, becouse less people know how to work with this CMS, that is maybe the only reason. business dont want to change their system..

• Dave Woestenborghs 3504 posts 12133 karma points MVP 8x admin c-trib
    Oct 25, 2018 @ 12:25
    Dave Woestenborghs

Hi Joaquin,

You probably never used Umbraco seeing al your comments.

Main selling points ;

Editor friendly: I worked a wide range of Content management systems, but none can compare to Umbraco when it comes to user friendlyness towards editors

Flexible backoffice : you can customize the backoffice really easy, so you can give editors the best editing experience possible

Developer friendly : Umbraco has a lot of extensions points you can hook into. Making it suitable for large scale entreprise applications or for your mum's photo album website. Also it doesn't interfere with your HTML markup like other systems do where you frontend developer needs to work around html injected by the system or it's plugins

Community : the community is the most friendly one I have ever been part of.

And your point about wordpress being attacked more because it used more is not valid. It is attacked more often because it has a lot of vulnerabilities. Just search for Wordpress and Umbraco on https://www.exploit-db.com/

Just my 2 cents.

Dave

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft