Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Matt 353 posts 825 karma points
    Oct 25, 2018 @ 14:03
    Matt

Everytime app pool restarts, I lose changes. uSync installed

Hello,

I'm just trying to setup Usync. I got it working on my local host and everything worked fine, it created the xml and when copied across to the 2nd site it imported nicely.

The issue is I've now published the websites to devtest server, so if I create a document type, save it, everything looks ok. I refresh the app pool and the document type gets removed?

I've tried it on UmbracositeA and B and same issue happens.

Both UmbracositeA and B have a separate database

Anyone know what could be causing this?

Thanks

Oct 25, 2018 @ 14:18
    Matt

Even if I try to do a manual Full Export I get the following error on sites A and B;

Error: An error has occurred. - Access to the path 'ApprovedColor.config' is denied.

But on local I get no errors and it works fine?...

• Kevin Jump 2312 posts 14698 karma points MVP 7x c-trib
    Oct 25, 2018 @ 15:12
    Kevin Jump

Hi Matt,

this looks like a file permissions issue - in that uSync can't write to the uSync/data folder on your server ?

This would explain the error and the fact that you are not getting changes saved to the disk (so when you restart the site, the old changes from the disk are getting written back to umbraco)

You will need to give the account running the site (maybe network service) change permission to the uSync folder.

Kevin

Oct 25, 2018 @ 15:19
    Matt

Hello Kevin,

Thanks for the reply.

Yea this is in my uSyn log.

Jumoo.uSync.BackOffice.uSyncEvents - Failed to Archive the existing file (might be locked?) System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'D:\Web_Files\Test\UmbracoSiteA\uSync\data\DocumentType\home\def.config' is denied.

Which sorts of explains it, the website app pool is running under Network service, should I need to add it to specific folders aswell?

Tried adding it to the specific folder, but still getting same error. Really strange!

Thanks.

• Kevin Jump 2312 posts 14698 karma points MVP 7x c-trib
    Oct 25, 2018 @ 15:26
    Kevin Jump

Hi

As the folders already exist, you might need to apply the permissions down the tree. so click the 'replace all child permissions....' box, and then all of the folders file permissions will be reset.

Oct 26, 2018 @ 06:50
    Matt

Hello Kevin,

Thanks for that, I forgot to add modify to the Network Service oops!

Oct 26, 2018 @ 08:01
    Matt

1 more thing you may be able to help with....

I installed the uSync content, however when I now go into uSync I get the following error;

Request error: The URL returned a 404 (not found): /app_plugins/uSync.Content/uSyncDashboardContent.html

I've checked the file and its there, but doesn't seem to pick it up?

Oct 26, 2018 @ 11:44
    Matt

I think I've narrowed it down to its because my Umbraco install is in a sub folder, but cant find where its getting its reference to that file "/app_plugins/uSync.Content/uSyncDashboardContent.html"

• Gerty Engrie 130 posts 489 karma points c-trib
    Sep 07, 2022 @ 21:46
    Gerty Engrie

For anyone who's getting here because of the usyncBackoffice.config still reverting on each site startup... check if you use true/false instead of True/False. The versions for umbraco 7 are having an issue with that...

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft